OSAKA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Introduction of Osaka’s privacy statement
Osaka hockey wants to give you the best experience possible. We use the personal information you share with us to make our products and services and your experience even better. This privacy statement aims to give you a clear view of how we use and respect personal information that you provide, our dedication to protecting it, your rights and the options you have to control your personal information and protect your privacy. It also outlines what personal information we collect about you when you visit our websites and stores as well as how we use your personal information and the third parties we will share it with.
We use personal information for various purposes, as described in detail below.
Personal information Osaka collects from you
Personal information is any information that relates to you and identifies you personally. As a part of the online store facility Osaka Hockey will retain certain information when you make purchases, request to receive information, create an account, participate in our events or interact with our site.
Why and how we process your personal information
The personal information Osaka collects from you will be used in the format that we received, or it will be combined with personal information we obtain from other internal or external sources, where appropriate. We use the personal information in the following ways:
- Improving our products and services: we will use your personal information to build a profile on you in order to understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, as well as to personalize the products and services we offer you.
- Processing your order: we use relevant personal information described above (including your name, address and payment details) to process and deliver your order, and to notify you of the status of your order. In addition, we may use your age, year of birth or confirmation that you are above a certain age to ascertain whether you meet the minimum age in your country for online purchases and whether you are considered to be a minor for data protection and/or marketing law purposes.
- Carrying out checks: we will also use your personal information to assess your creditworthiness and to prevent fraud. For this purpose, we may need to share your personal information with our credit rating providers (see "how we share your personal information" below).
- Customer service: if you contact our Customer Service, we will use personal information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible.
- Osaka’s products and services, engagements and offerings: we will use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us, such as promotions, membership of Osaka Communities and events. This will, if applicable, include the use of your personal information for submission in contests, Prize Giveaways and promotions and using your contact details for events.
- Social sign-on: which means the use of your social network credentials such as your Facebook user login information to create and sign into your Osaka account: when you use the social sign-on option Osaka limit use of public profile information to that which is necessary for the creation of your account. Osaka will, upon receipt of any irrelevant information from the social network, discard such information. After having created your account, you will have the opportunity to supplement it with any information you would like to share with us, such as personal information you provide through a completed survey. Any supplemental information you provide to us will be used for the purposes explained in this statement, including to enrich your Osaka profile and to personalize your Osaka experience.
- Marketing: when you signup to receive Osaka’s newsletters, create an Osaka account (or merge existing accounts) and consent to our use of your personal information, become a Member of an Osaka Community, order or provide feedback on a product or service online or use our website, we will use your personal information to create a profile based on the information we hold about you. We create this profile in order to provide you with the best personalized experience, to send you personalized marketing messages and newsletters and for opinion research purposes.
- Websites: personal information collected through our websites, such as via cookies or other tracking technologies, will be used to allow us to assess browsing behaviors on our websites, to understand where improvements can be made, to optimize our products and services and personalize and improve your experience on our websites and apps.
- Global account: when you sign up for an Osaka account we will verify whether your e-mail address has previously been used within the Osaka group. If this is the case, we will present you with the option of combining your Osaka accounts and importing the information from your existing account by logging in.
- Performance analysis: we will use your personal information for sales, supply chain and financial analysis purposes, to determine how Osaka is performing and where improvements can be made and where necessary to report back to our parent or affiliate group companies.
- We will ask for your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this privacy statement and as required to do so under applicable law.
How we share your personal information
We treat your personal information with care and confidentiality and do not share it with third parties other than as set out below:
With service providers:
We will share your personal information as necessary and only for the purposes described above with various third parties who process your personal information on our behalf, such as third parties that run our Prize Giveaways/competitions, hosting, delivery and payment. We require that these third parties adhere to strict rules when processing your personal information, including to only use your personal information in accordance with Osaka's instructions and the applicable laws.
With social networks:
Our website will, in certain circumstances, provide you with social plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network such as Facebook (for example by registering an account), your activity on our website will also be made available to that social network. If you are logged in on a social network during your visit to one of our websites or apps or are interacting with one of the social plug-ins, the social network might add this information to your respective profile on this network based on your privacy settings. If you would like to prevent this type of data transfer, please log out of your social network account before you enter one of our websites or change the app's privacy settings, where possible. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal information, what rights you have and how you can maintain suitable privacy settings for your needs.
With your consent:
Osaka will share your personal information with other third parties (different from those described above, or when you decide to connect our devices with third party devices) in other limited circumstances. In these instances, we will where required by applicable law, obtain your consent to share your personal information in this way.
Protection of your personal information
Osaka is committed to protecting your personal information and implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect it against any unauthorized or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
Applicable law and our practices change over time. If we decide to update our Policy, we will post the changes on our Sites. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and regularly check for any changes. This Policy was last modified in March 2017.
Question and feedback
We welcome questions, comments, and concerns about our Policy and privacy practices. If you wish to provide any feedback or if you have questions or concerns, please contact Consumer Services/Privacy at OSAKA HOCKEY EUROPE NV, Schijnpoorweg 137, 2120 Merksem, Belgium, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org